Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Altered Book

I have recently been intrigued by altered books. I currently have a student observer who showed me some cool new stuff I could do with my book. 

This is a new technique she showed me. 
Here's the second attempt, which turned out much better than the first!






I used an xacto knife and cut out my rose. Then I used watered down white glue and glued tissue paper to one side. Let it dry for a couple of minutes and then fold the tissue paper over to the back. Trimmed off the excess and tad-ah!  

A wonderful silhouette!

In the last picture you can see the thinness of the tissue paper with the ruler under it. It looks even better in real life because you can see the words on the next page barely through the tissue paper. 

Try it...it's super easy! 

1 comment: