Thursday, March 11, 2010

In Love...

I have fallen in love with a new site I found.


The concept is G-E-N-I-U-S!

They create project for you to do and you mail it to them (in Brooklyn) and they have an exhibition with the work they receive. From all over! Sometimes they provide the supplies for a small fee and sometimes they are free. It's basically to allow for creativity through projects while building community based on art.

They have also created the Brooklyn Art Library.  Such a great idea! For a small fee they send you the sketchbook in the mail. You create artwork in it based on their chosen theme. You mail it back to them by the deadline. They cateorgorize it and barcode it and stick it in the library for all to see--just like a REAL library! I can't wait to go see it!
I've signed up for the March Sketchbook Monthlies and am anxiously awaiting it's arrival.

I have also chosen to participate in the Mail Me Something. Just a 4x6" piece mailed straight to them. No envelope or anything! Here's what I created today while my students were working on their self portraits.


I decided to sign it secretly with my blog too!


I used a scrap piece of mat board I had in the classroom.
Then I spiced up the back of it too.


This side was inspired by one of my students. Thanks Cole for th inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment