Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Earth Tones

With all of my paintings (with one exception-and it's my least favorite) I just start painting. I usually don't have a sketch of what the finished composition should look like (unless it's a commissioned piece). But that's hard for me because I require my students to have at least thumbnail sketches before they start a piece. I feel like it's a double standard. Then again, I can start over as many times as necessary and I don't have a due date like my students do, so it is different. Right?
On my next painting, I wanted to mix circles and squares, but wanted to keep it pretty geometric. 
I like the texture under my subject matter, so I knew I wanted to keep that aspect. 
I wanted more muted tones this time in case someone's home decor wasn't bright colors. 

Here's the end result...

 16x20" Acrylic on Canvas

Detail

This painting is for sale at my Etsy store.

No comments:

Post a Comment