Thursday, August 5, 2010

Bling

I had the opportunity to spend some great quality time with some girlfriends this weekend. During that time, one of the ladies taught the rest of us to make jewelry (she's super creative and crafty!). We were all hooked! I went out and bought all the supplies necessary this week, thinking it's another fun hobby and a great way to make gifts (we have a large extended family). 

So here's what I made for myself during craft time. 



(I think this cluster set is my favorite!) 

Usually the chains are too long on me (I'm really petite), 
so I tailored this chain to fit me perfectly!

I can't wear heavy necklaces without getting headaches, so I prefer light small necklaces & earrings. So I made a variety of small pendants to go on the silver chain I made or to fit on the gold chain I already own. Oh, I just realized there might be a couple more I made that aren't in this photo. They were just single beads. Nothing impressive. 

Now here's what I've been thinking about all week. Should I make jewelry to sell on my Etsy site? I mean, I have all the supplies so it'd just be a matter of making and taking pictures of it. 

I think it would need to be bright modern-ish jewelry to go with the paintings (as opposed to most of the jewelry above), right? Or could I list items like these?

 I really can't decide. I'm leaning towards yes, but I want to know what you think.

7 comments:

  1. I love that green necklace (the second picture)! I know the jewelry category on Etsy is a tough market because there's a LOT of comptetition. Hopefully a jewelry seller will chime in here with some good info for you!

    Shannon from Baruch's Lullaby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go for it!! I LOVE making jewelry!! Just be careful, buying beads is additive!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow i like this its a creative jewelry .Keep it up.nice blog i like your blog.I also share it with my friends.
    Thanks,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your jewelry - you have a talent for it. Etsy is very competitive for jewelry but I say - have fun with it.

    ♥♥♥
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh very pretty-and very cool :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the encouragement! Yes Trish...I found that out the hard wayalready :) Logo Design-thanks for sharing my blog ! I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty. I really like the first two. I have promised myself in my *free* time to make myself and friends some pretty things.

    ReplyDelete