I have recently discovered a new online venue for selling my work.
It's has a few more benifits, for me as a seller, than Etsy does.
1. The customer support is FANTASTIC!
(I had a staff memeber helping me in the forum at 5pm on a Sunday!)
2. My shop appearance is more customizable (with #5 in place)
3. They have a basic account that is FREE and can have unlimited listings
4. I don't pay $.20 per listing (or relisting--It was getting expensive!).
5. If I want more features (which I do), it's a flat fee of $5.95/mo
(until 9/30/10--then the price goes up, so hurry if you want in on it too!)
The cons are that Etsy is more well known and still gets more traffic, but it's more saturate with sellers and products, so I was more of a small fish in a very full pond. I think ArtFire is really making a name for itself, so I've decided to give it a try.
I don't have all my items up yet, but I do have most of my painting so stop by and check it out. I will be speding more time customizing the look of my shop this weekend. I just got it two days ago, so don't judge it too harshly!
Plus, I plan on opening a shop just for my jewelry this weekend too. Hopefully that will make it easier for you to find exactly what you want.
Lots of great things in the works I'm excited about. I hope you like it all too!