Thursday, September 23, 2010

My (re)Organized Studio

I admit it. I love to clean. 
No, it's really that I love to organize. 
I could live without the dusting, washing, etc.

This weekend I managed to carve out some time to reorganize my studio. 
I didn't feel like I had enough surface space to do all the following and be able to not have to clean up:
1) acrylic palette, brushes, and paint for canvas on an easel
2) an area to watercolor and leave it out to dry
3) work on my new altered book and do some collaging (did I just make that word up?!) without having to use an easel
4) have my jewelry making items out to use at a moments notice

Here's what I came up with...


On the middle shelf, I have acrylic set up on the left and watercolor set up on the right. They are at perfect elbow height for me. Bottom shelf is my suitcase of paint, with paint accessories in the middle and stamping supplies on the right. I learned that I'm really lazy and wouldn't get out the stamps if they were in a box...in a box. On the floor is some random stuff. Not every day items, but easily accessible none the less. Oh and the boxes on the the top shelf are filled with card making supplies. 

These are two sets of bins that I decided to fill with mostly random stuff, but the best part is all my collaging (Ok, it's an official word now) drawer. The largest top drawer. On top of that is where I work on my altered book. That framed painting is something I made when I was about 5 years old. Yep. I still love it!

So you see, it's all pretty cramped and all on one wall, but I'm making it work! I just move the easel left or right depending on my project for the day. The jewelry table is just to the right of the watercolor spot. You can see the messy version of it here.

I hope you have enjoyed my little tour.

What does your work space look like?

No comments:

Post a Comment